OmschrijvingGames of Kill Team are based around small but powerful squads of warriors rather than huge armies. Every single model commanded is vitally important to your strategy, and will develop its own personality, history and abilities with each game you play. In this box set, you'll find everything you need to play games of Kill Team – from the comprehensive rulebook that covers open, narrative and matched play games (and campaigns!), 2 complete kill teams from the Adeptus Astartes and T'au Empire factions, a huge set of Sector Mechanicus terrain and a gameboard to play on. Included:
Kill Team contains a 208-page softback core manual which contains not only the rules you need in order to play with the included miniatures, but rules for choosing and constructing a kill team from 16 factions in the Warhammer 40,000 range (Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Heretic Astartes, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Asuryani, Drukhari, Harlequins, Necrons, Orks, T’au Empire, Tyranids and Genestealer Cults), along with background explaining the importance of kill teams to the wider battle for supremacy:
- Shadow War: this section of the book takes you through the roles of kill teams in the 41st Millennium – whether surgically removing an enemy commander or dangerous demagogue, desperately fighting their way through a battlefield to reinforce stranded comrades or finding themselves the last line of defence against an overwhelming force, every battle between kill teams tells a story of heroism and adventure;
- Heroes All: every kill team is different, but all have certain features in common – each features a charismatic, cunning or domineering leader and specialists, skilled individuals who bring vital equipment and talents;
- Theatres of War: the supreme commanders of the 41st Millennium have incredible military might at their disposal, and yet there are many scenarios in which the precise application of a small, highly trained force is appropriate. Thousands of war zones have seen drastic changes after a kill team incursion; this section describes but a few of the myriad different environments these small squads have battled in.
Kill Team can be played and enjoyed in one-off missions, but included are a suite of comprehensive optional rules for fighting multiple battles in a connected series, forming a narrative of covert battles fought alongside a greater war. This section of the book walks you through a Kill Team campaign: the victory conditions, how to select missions, gain experience and upgrade your team, deal with injuries, manage resources and even escalate conflict. This includes blank command rosters and datasheets which you can photocopy and use to keep track of your campaign.
On top of all this is a miniatures showcase, brimming with inspirational photos of kill teams and battle scenes.
2 complete multipart plastic kill teams are included, from the Adeptus Astartes and T'au Empire Factions, along with a huge collection of Sector Mechanicus scenery:
- 5 Primaris Space Marines Reivers, each with the option to take a bolt carbine or heavy bolt pistol and combat knife, as well additional wargear in the form of grapnel launchers and/or grav-chutes
- 10 T'au Empire Fire Warriors, each armed with a pulse rifle or pulse carbine, and two DS8 Tactical Support Turrets equipped with a choice of missile pod or smart missile system
- 2 8-page booklets covering these kill teams, featuring background, painted examples and a timeline of their history
- 6 frames of Sector Mechanicus scenery, enabling you to populate your battlefield with a selection of ruined industrial buildings
Included for easy reference are the following small-format tactics cards:
- 36 Universal Tactics cards which can be used by any kill team
- 12 Adeptus Astartes Tactics cards, usable exclusively by that Faction
- 10 T'au Empire Tactics cards, usable exclusively by that Faction
- 5 Adeptus Astartes and 12 T'au Empire datacards for reference during your games, with a number of blank datacards supplied for building your own custom kill teams
Also supplied are a double-sided gaming board measuring 22” x 30” with a Sector Imperialis city layout on one side, and a Sector Mechanicus layout on the other, 6 x D6, 2 x D10, a clear plastic 12” range ruler, a selection of gaming tokens themed around the Adeptus Astartes and T'au